Monday, July 21, 2008

Make-work

Babble on.

If I were a machiavellian executive at CTV or Global, I'd look into hiring a couple of dozen work-from-home staff to file ATI requests at the CBC. Pay them, say, $36,000 per year to file 50 or 100 requests each and every month - whatever's a reasonable workload.

Same thing for UPS and FEDEX with Canada Post.

I suspect it would be money well spent to completely screw up a direct competitor like that in a way that they couldn't reciprocate. Of course, you'd have to get a bean-counter to crunch the numbers, but from a hassle perspective alone, it might well be worth it.

Babble off.

1 Comments:

At 10:44 a.m., Blogger El Cerdo Ignatius said...

I am ambivalent toward Canada Post, but I downright despise the Corpse, so I enthusiastically applaud your idea to tie their ATI people in knots. Along with (I can only hope) much of the rest of the appartchiks working there.

I realize your point was directed more toward companies who compete against these agencies of Her Majesty, but the mischief value is enticing as well.

Very best from the east,
Ignatius

 

Post a Comment

<< Home