Rules for Gunfighting in War
Awhile back, I posted something about the Rules of Combat. In that same vein, I give you a sampling of the Rules for Gunfighting in War, with due props to Castle Argghhh!!!
1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.
2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
9.5. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."
18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them).
21. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a "4." (Babbler: more than ten years ago my old squadron-mate P'tit Luc Dandu owned a Desert Eagle mod'ed with a .50 caliber barrel - which he kindly let me fire at the range once. Unless you're built like Shaq Daddy, you're better off staying with something the caliber of which starts with a "4".)
...and my personal favourite...
20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
Truer words were never spoken. Go visit John's place to read the whole list.